Become an Ambassador
- As a SFAF DOFL Ambassador you will act as a host to one of the participating 2017 Bay Area restaurants. Register with a friend and co-host the evening together, or host it on your own.
- Invite friends and family to dine at your participating restaurant. This is a great opportunity for you and your guests to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or any other occasion in addition to supporting the San Francisco Aids Foundation Dining Out For Life program.
- The evening of Tuesday, April 25th, each Ambassador is asked to greet and welcome diners. Remind them that a percentage of their bill will be donated to HIV prevention and care programs in San Francisco.
- Promote the Dining Out For Life Sweepstakes.
- The evening of Tuesday, April 25th, encourage all diners to purchase sweepstake tickets to help them win amazing prizes.
- On-line Fundraising/ Sweepstakes Entries - Set up a personal on-line fundraising account for your friends, and family to make donations or purchase fundraising tickets
- Ambassadors can earn Dining Out For Life Fundraising awards for reaching $250, $750 and $1500. There are also prizes for the highest fundraisers!
What Do Ambassadors Do?
Ambassadors volunteer their time to host a participating restaurant in San Francisco on April 25, 2017. They invite friends and family to dine at their designated restaurant and during the evening they greet guests, share information about the cause, and promote sweepstakes ticket sales.
- Attend the Ambassador Kickoff Training on April 11 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm.
- Invite your friends and family to dine at your assigned restaurant.
- Greet and welcome diners. Remind them that 25% of their bill will be donated to HIV prevention and care programs in San Francisco.
- Promote the sweepstakes at each table. We have some fantastic prizes to give away this year and the majority of diners will want to participate.
- Register with a friend and co-host the evening together, or host it on your own.
- Most importantly, have fun!
Funds raised for Dining Out For Life support the many life-saving programs offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
In addition to the over 100 top Bay Area restaurants donating 25% of the day’s proceeds, Ambassadors are encouraged to help raise additional funds by promoting the Dining Out For Life Sweepstakes.
As a Dining Out for Life Ambassador, your fundraising efforts—both in the restaurant and online before and after the event—go a long way to helping more than 16,000 San Francisco AIDS Foundation clients get the support and care they need.
Over 400 organizations in the Bay Area match their employees' donations to San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Check here to see if your organization is one of them. Contact your HR department for more information.
Why I Am an Ambassador
"When you’re an ambassador, basically you’re asking your friends to come and eat with you. You get to host a fun night out in San Francisco. I always ask my friends to dine with me, and ask that they invite their friends, too. It turns into a chance to meet a lot of new people, all for a good cause." Read More »