New Bear Republic is a team of AIDS/LifeCycle cyclists and roadies raising money to fight HIV/AIDS in partnership with the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBT Center.
We are open to all who share our core values. We support and encourage others, build community, practice safety and good humor on the road, and wear bear ears on our helmets.
We are New Bear Republic!
We are made up of caring individuals from all walks of life and from all over the world. We train hard because we believe in helping others and are committed to being a part of the forces that will one day bring an end to HIV/AIDS.
On this page you can click on your favorite team members and make a donation of support. Your support keeps us pedaling from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
Here is just some of the ways that donations go into action:
- $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
- $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
- $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
- $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
- $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
- $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
- $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
- $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
- $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Be a New Bear Republic hero today! Every dollar helps!