Welcome to Stanley's Page
Yes, you read it right. I will be riding 545 miles on a bike for my 17th year!
<- btw ... that's my mom in the Red shirt next to Karrin Feemster (nice legs)
On the first week of June, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. Once again, I will be one of them!
In the United States, almost 1 in 8 people infected with HIV is not aware. Gay and bisexual men account for the majority of all new HIV infections. AIDS Life Cycle’s mission is to reduce infections and improve the quality of life for those living with HIV/AIDS. Last year, I road to the finish line of my 16th AIDS Life Cycle. There, I saw the love, support and kindness extended by this amazing community. This year, my journey is again as a cyclist and I need your help to raise $10,000. Join me, as we battle HIV/AIDS and make a difference for generations to come.
Thank you in advance for your support! As a reminder, your donation is tax deductible!
ANY donation amount makes a difference!
Here are some examples of what your money will go towards funding at the LA LGBT Center:
• $150 provides comprehensive HIV/STD testing to 1 client
• $180 provides HIV prevention counseling sessions to 20 teenagers
• $250 provides Rapid HIV Antibody tests to 20 clients
• $1,000 covers a full year of medical supply costs for 40 patients
• $10,000 covers 3 months of psychosocial case management for 300 patients
Here are some examples of what your money will go towards funding at the San Francisco AIDS Foundation
• $50 provides a mobile phone for a client living with HIV so they can stay in touch with their support system and be reminded of upcoming medical appointments.
• $100 provides 10 gay, bi, and queer Black men with 1-on-1 counseling services for one month.
• $500 enables 50 long-term survivors who lived through the early years of the HIV epidemic to connect and learn from each other.
• $1,000 funds one weekend-long seminar where people recently diagnosed with HIV can learn more about living healthily with HIV.
• $3,000 enables us to distribute thousands of sterile syringes and dispose of countless tons of medical waste.
• $10,000 provides substance use counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month.
For more information about where your money goes to, please click the link below:
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/why-we-ride/the-beneficiaries/We Ride in 7 Days
Please share our story.
Cut & paste my slide show link below.
I am an AIDS/Lifecycle rider
Remembering Phillip ... he always agreed that "Roadies Rock!"
Every year, Phillip would surprise me somewhere along the route. We often talked about how we could ride together. Me on my bike and Phillip on Moto Crew to keep the riders safe.
Phillip was taken away from us far too early. I have never been so proud of him. I am honored to call him my brother.
Phillip was proud to be a US Marine Veteran. His amazing wit and his boisterous laugh will be missed by all who knew him.
I've never seen a community come together so strong. We actually call it "The Love Bubble"
I know ... it sounds like something out of the 60's but it's real. This moving army will transform all who we ride past.
I'm asking for your support today.
I'm Riding to End AIDS
Thank you ! With your support today, We will ride until HIV/AIDS comes to an END !!
Help me make a difference.