June 3rd - June 9th, I'll ride my bike 545 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles in AIDS/LifeCycle 2019. I've committed to raising a minimum of $10,000 and I would really appreciate the support of my friends, family, coworkers and community. This fundraising and awareness event enables help to those impacted by HIV get the treatment and care they need, and provides targeted prevention efforts for high risk populations.
From now until June, I will wake up early with my team to brave the cold, the heat, the wind, and sometimes the rain to participate in training rides. I know in my heart, when I complete this ride, my efforts and your donations will save a life. Together we are making a difference.
Your donations do not go to me or my spandex, as participants have to supply their own gear, bikes, sleeping bags, etc.
To donate, please click on the DONATE NOW button and give as generously as you can.
This is an amazing event, and I am looking forward to my friends, family and peers being a part of it with me.
Love and Friendship,
ABOUT THE ROUTE:
DAY 1 (82 Miles: San Francisco to Santa Cruz)
DAY 2 (109.5 Miles: Santa Cruz to King City)
DAY 3 (65.3 Miles: King City to Paso Robles)
DAY 4 (91.4 Miles: Paso Robles to Santa Maria)
DAY 5 (43 Miles: Santa Maria to Lompoc)
DAY 6 (88.1 Miles: Lompoc to Ventura)
DAY 7 (67.2 Miles: Ventura to Los Angeles)
Total Miles: 550.3 Miles
Your gift(s) to San Francisco AIDS Foundation help us provide the following essential services for prevention and care. While government funding sometimes provides the bulk of the resources to deliver vital services, private support like yours bridges the gap (an average of 30%) and provides us the resources to expand critical services beyond current government funding limitations and fully serve those in need.
• $50,000 can help provide a counselor at The Stonewall Project who can see 40 clients a year for harm reduction
counseling, which integrates substance use, mental health, and HIV prevention and education.
• $25,000 can help provide a half-time peer advocate who can see 50 clients for a year, helping them get to their
doctor appointments and assisting them with daily living activities.
• $15,000 can help 120 Magnet clients receive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment,
education and counseling.
• $10,000 can help us provide counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month through The Stonewall
Project—which combines substance use, mental health, and HIV prevention
• $7,500 can help provide a nurse for one month to administer STD screenings and treatments to 100 Magnet clients
• $5,000 can help keep the Stop AIDS HIV Testing RV rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can
be tested and counseled.
• $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
• $1,000 can help provide two Stop AIDS Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV
and how to live better and longer with HIV.
• $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
• $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, Stop AIDS, or other SFAF sites.
• $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
• $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
• $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Stop AIDS Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical
appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits
systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
• $10 can help provide 143 condoms that the Stop AIDS Project will distribute.
In addition to our programs and services, our public policy work has a national scope: we are helping develop and
implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, as well as the formulation of HIV/AIDS components of national
healthcare reform legislation. Your support helps people in every corner of the country who are impacted by HIV.