June 2nd to June 8th over 3,000 Cyclists and Roadies will be participating in the 2019 AIDS/LifeCycle. For a SEVENTH year, I Will Be One of The Riders! This event, which is the world’s largest AIDS fundraiser, is a 545 mile, seven-day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles which raises funds for critical services for our community offered by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation (SFAF) and The Los Angeles LGBT Center (LALGBT).
Now is the time to RESIST the undermining of medical care and community services negatively impacting the health and welfare of all communities including the AIDS/HIV community.
The Trump-Pence Presidency is hostile to issues facing the health and well-being of the gay community, so support for the SFAF and community organizations like it is more critical than ever.
My 2019 AIDS/LifeCycle fundraising goal is $5,000.00. Your phenomenal generosity, compassion, and caring has enabled me to raise OVER $45,000 over the past SIX years. I want to thank each of you for your donations in the past. All donations are greatly appreciated and tax deductible. Together we are truly making a difference in people’s lives and working toward making HIV/AIDS a thing of the past.
We’re all in this thing called Life together and all have our part to play in making it a good life for all. I carry your love, goodwill and support as I spread the ALC love and awareness through large cities and small towns, along highways and back roads during the 545 mile ride across California. If San Francisco is to become the first major city in the world to achieve zero new HIV/AIDS infections, zero AIDS-related deaths, and zero HIV stigma, we must show up, speak up, and rise up.
Please join me in supporting this important work by making a donation today at: www.tofighthiv.org/goto/tommierides2endaids
You have my gratitude and appreciation, in advance, for your continuing support, encouragement, and generosity.
What your donation does:
• $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV.
• $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefirst systems.
• $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Every dollar counts!
AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and the Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle fundraising pages are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.