I'm Riding to End AIDS
June 2-8, 2019, I'll be riding in my fifth AIDS/LifeCycle. It's a 7-day, 545-mile fundraising bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to make a world of difference in the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS.
Your tax-deductable donation to my AIDS/LifeCycle Ride will go directly to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBT Center to support the services they provide locally, nationally, and internationally. Together we fight stigma, remind people to know their status, and work to end AIDS.
This journey isn't one ventured alone. It's because of you and your generorsity that we are able to make a difference. Since 2014, you’ve helped me raise more than $30k for the beneficiaries! This year, I’ve challenged myself to raise $18k, with the intent of breaking a lifetime fundraising goal of $50k.
- I ride because I'm grateful to live at a time when being HIV positive is no longer a death sentence.
- I ride to help disolve the stigma of HIV/AIDS through visibility, conversation, and education.
- I ride to encourage everyone to get tested (regardless of their sexual orientation) and know their status.
- I ride for my physical and emotional health, as well as the clients serviced at the beneficiaries
- Lastly, I ride in memory of Edna, Wilma, and Mary - activists whose dedication to an AIDS-free world continues to inspire me.
Together we will make a difference.
My Personal Web Log