This is why i did AIDS/Lifecycle the 5th time and really its the same reason I will ride in for the 6th time. 2019 will have Nate riding down the coast again.
This started as a something to cross off my bucket list and this year it is a crusade.
Hello family, friends and everyone else!
So much seems to be under attack this year. The repeal of ACA, Civil Rights, Walls, Altertnative Facts.
AIDS Lifecycle is how i fight against the against the dying of the light and this year it seems we need to fight harder than we have before.
We can't lose ground towards the goal of San Francisco being the first city to reach 0 new HIV infections.
And all of this is happening at such a critical time. We should be celebrating our progress, not afraid of losing it. New HIV treatments, prevention options and even hope for a vaccine or cure are on the horizon. While there renewed hope that we will soon kick HIV's ass, there is still a need for the critical services that the San Francisco AIDS Foundation provides.
I ask for your support this year to help the SF AIDS Foundation help the City of San Francisco be the first U.S. city to end the HIV epidemic.
You help the San Francisco AIDS Foundation do so much good work. Here are some examples of how your funds get used.
- $15,000 can help 120 Strut clients receive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education and counseling.
- $10,000 can help us provide counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month through The Stonewall Project—which combines substance use, mental health, and HIV prevention
- $7,500 can help provide a nurse for one month to administer STD screenings and treatments to 100 Magnet clients
- $5,000 can help keep the Stop AIDS HIV Testing RV rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can be tested and counseled.
- $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
- $1,000 can help provide two Stop AIDS Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
So this year, I have committed to raise $10,000 and a Funky Monkey Team goal to raise $650,000!
Thank you for the support!