About Aids LifeCycle
Aids Lifecyle is a 7-day, 545 mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles that raises money and awareness for HIV and AIDS services. This marks the fifteenth year for AIDS/LifeCycle and the twenty-third for the event overall, and during the week of June 3 - June 8, thousands of Cyclists and volunteer Roadies will come together to do something incredible. Something that will change lives.
Why I’m riding
Holy Cow! I cannot believe this is year 5 of doing this crazy trip! I have been so fortunate to be able to take the time off as vacation and to have generous sponsors. But, 5 years that'll be 2725 miles on a bike, more aply a BIKE SEAT and with your help raised $29,468.51! Yes it hurts, but as you can tell it is so worth it! All funds are used for a worthy cause and wothy individuals. Many cities are starting campaigns "Getting To Zero", the campaign is attempting to have zero new cases of HIV/AIDS infections, this is one of the many ideas that have been developed with the funds coming from this ride.
If you've donated in the past, thank you so very much. If you are donating for the first time thank you so very much!
Four Year Fundraising Total:
- 2017 8,803.09
- 2016 7,326.15
- 2015 7,752.31
- 2014 6,306.96
- $50,000 can help a substance use counselor see 40 clients a year for harm reduction counseling, which integrates substance use, mental health, and HIV prevention and education.
- $25,000 can help a half-time peer advocate see 50 clients for a year enabling them get to their doctor appointments and assisting them with daily living activities.
- $15,000 can help 120 Magnet clients receive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education and counseling.
- $10,000 can help us provide substance use counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month.
- $7,500 can help provide a nurse for one month to administer STI screenings and treatments to 100 Magnet clients.
- $5,000 can help keep our mobile testing unit rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can be tested and counseled.
- $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
- $1,000 can help provide two Positive Force community forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
- $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, and other foundation sites.
- $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
- $10 can help provide 143 condoms to our clients at all of our service sites.