Welcome to my FOURTH ALC PAGE! I’m embarking on a 545 mile bike ride from San Francisco to LA this year in order to make access to HIV medication and resources easy for ALL, while fighting to eliminate stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS! Not to mention what a great personal challenge this is for my own health!
Will you join me in this fight by making a donation today?
This year, my goal is to raise $10,000 for the life-saving services offered by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This includes: Prevention services targeted at those most at risk for contracting HIV as well as support services for those who are living with HIV/AIDS and who desperately need it.
I personally will be donating $1,000! Every single dollar counts, though, and here’s what you can expect your donation to go toward:
- $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
- $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
- $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
- $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
- $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
- $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
- $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
- $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. Let’s work together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past!