For the fifth time in a row now.....
June 2nd - June 8th I will ride my bike 545 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles to support the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center, in the fight to end HIV/AIDS.
I’m asking you to support me by donating as generously as you possibly can. To the people who rely on these services to survive, every dollar counts. And every dollar brings me closer to being able to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Thank you for making this event possible for me and for being the support that I need to cross the finish line on June 9th. Let’s make a difference together!
Why am I riding?
I am riding for 3.3 million human beings we have lost to this disease.
I am riding for those who are homebound and suffering from this disease.
I am riding for those who simply cannot.
I am riding to make a difference in someone’s life, one treatment, HIV test, meal at a time.
Our mission is simple… END AIDS / Zero New Transmissions / Raise Awareness. AIDS is not over.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help in a few ways. First, consider donating. No amount is too small (or too big). You can make up to 10 installment payments – a $250 donation would be $25/month or .83/day. Second, ask your employer if they have a matching fund program. Third, ask your friends and family to consider donating, they may have been affected by HIV/AIDS and would like to donate.
YOUR DOLLARS AT WORK
- $50,000 underwrites the cost of a medical team for 2 months for 300 patients
- $35,000 funds an HIV Counselor for 1200 clients per year
- $25,000 covers 6 months of mental health therapy for 27 patients
- $15,000 provides comprehensive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education, and counseling to 100 clients
- $10,000 covers 3 months of psychosocial case management for 300 patients
- $7,500 provides a nurse for one month to administer STD screening and treatments for 400 clients
- $5,000 covers a full year of laboratory testing for 18 patients
- $1,000 covers a full year of medical supply costs for 55 patients
- $1,000 funds one client receiving Post Exposure Prophylaxis
- $250 provides Rapid HIV Antibody tests to 20 clients
- $175 provides HIV prevention counseling sessions to 20 teenagers
- $150 provides comprehensive HIV/STD testing to 1 client
- $100 provides Hepatitis A and B vaccinations to 1 client
- $25 covers the treatment medication for 1 client infected with an STD
- $10 buys 143 condoms that the Health Education and Prevention Program will distribute
With Sincerest Thanks - Kris Turek