Thank you for joining me in this cause!
During the first week of June, I’ll be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to support the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This bike ride means the world to those who receive treatment as a result of this event, and your support means the world to me...
This year, I'll be training and fundraising from my current duty station in Newport News, Virginia. I need your help to match the success of my fundraising efforts from last year. Here's what your generous donations can do:
- $10 can help distribute 143 condoms through the Stop AIDS Project
- $25 can help provide one Rapid HIV Antibody test at Magnet (a free community based clinic located in the heart of San Francisco's Castro district).
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Stop AIDS Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend 25 medical appointments to provide moral support and to help the client advocate for himself or herself.
- $125 can help provide the resources for one visit for a client at Magnet.
- $500 can help provide medical benefits counseling for 15 people to help them obtain prescription drug assistance through the San Francisco AIDS Foundation's Financial Benefits Program.
- $625 can help provide for a safe and stable housing situation for one HIV-positive for a month through a partnership between the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- $1,000 can help put on TWO Stop AIDS Community Education Forums.
- $5,000 can help keep the Stop AIDS HIV Testing RV rolling for a year.
"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." - Mitch Albom