Thank you for joining me in this cause!
June 4th - June 10th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I’ll be one of them! The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
I've spent time training for anything from a 5K to a marathon but this is the first time I have ever trained and completed a 545 mile bike ride. I'm super nervous but super excited to take on this huge challenge. This year I'll be riding with Team OUTserve. The team is made up of all military members. 2016 made the first time an all military member team rode in AIDS Lifecycle and I'm excited to be part of the team for 2017! Your support and donations mean so much to me.
We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?Your generous donation can do the following:
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service
- $500 can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $1,000 can help provide two Positive Force community forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
- $5,000 can help keep our mobile testing unit rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can be tested and counseled.
My Personal Web Log