June 2nd - June 9th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I'll be one of them!
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
Please help me support AIDS/LifeCycle by giving what you can! We'll keep riding until HIV/AIDS is a thing of the past.
Thank you, SO MUCH, for your donations and support!
Here is where your money goes
* $5,000 can help keep our mobile testing unit rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can be tested and counseled.
* $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
* $1,000 can help provide two Positive Force community forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
* $500can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
* $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, and other foundation sites.
* $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
* $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
* $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
* $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
* $10 can help provide 143 condoms to our clients at all of our service sites.