Let's put HIV/AIDS in it's place...the HISTORY BOOKS!
On June 2nd - June 8th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to do the AIDS Lifecycle in 2016 as a rider and 2018 as a Roadie with my mom, and Mom and I are back again on the Sweep Team, spending every day out on the route driving with the riders and being there to support and help them!
As a person living with HIV, the services and programs provided by the SF AIDS Foundation and Los Angeles LGBT Center are close to my heart as they are critical for some of the most vulnerable in our community. A diagnosis of HIV/AIDS may not be the "death sentence" it once was, but many people still struggle day to day with medication/health issues, housing, and mental health. The work is not done!
I'm committed to raising $1,000 for the invaluable resources and programs offered by the SF AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. So, I'm asking for you to dig deep, give hard, and help me reach my goal. The services provided as a result of this event, as well as the possible benefits and medical breakthroughs that could result from this study, mean the world to those who receive them, and YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME.
Here's what your donation can do:
- $2500 helps 4 HIV+ people receive safe a stable housing for a month
- $1000 provides 2 educational forums for 150 HIV+ attendees to learn how to live longer
- $500 helps 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescriptions
- $250 purchases Rapid HIV Antibody test for 10 people
- $175 provides case management for 15 HIV+ clients who are homeless or at-risk to be
- $150 secures 1,000 clean needles to prevent the spread of HIV among IV drug users
- $100 covers travel for an advocacy coordinator to attend the appointments of 25 clients
- $50 buys 715 condoms for distribution and prevention fo the spread of HIV
- $25 support a benefits counselor to assist 1 person in navigating the private and public systems, including Medi-cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, SSDI, and Social Security