One reason I do this ride is so the people who need the life-saving and life-changing services have easy access to them. Those who seek these services aren't just OUR PEOPLE, they are US. They are our brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, mothers and fathers, friends and neighbors - and they need us every day of the year. So, for one week we ride our bikes so that we may change and save lives.
One year of wraparound health care services for one person is around $17,000, so that is where I have set my fundraising goal. Last year WE raised almost $4k within 100 days!! I was absolutely blown away by how YOU showed up and helped out. This year I need your help again in a big way.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me.
- $25,000 can help a half-time peer advocate see 50 clients for a year enabling them to get to their doctor appointments and assisting them with daily living activities.
- $15,000 can help 120 Magnet clients receive sexual health services, including HIV and STD tests, treatment, education, and counseling.
- $10,000 can help us provide substance use counseling services for more than 250 clients in one month.
- $7,500 can help provide a nurse for one month to administer STI screenings and treatments to 100 Magnet clients.
- $5,000 can help keep our mobile testing unit rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and trans men can be tested and counseled.
- $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
- $1,000 can help provide two Positive Force community forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
- $500can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, and other foundation sites.
- $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
- $10 can help provide 143 condoms to our clients at all of our service sites.
In addition to the programs and services, our public policy work has a national scope: We are helping develop and implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, as well as the formulation of HIV/AIDS components of national healthcare reform legislation. Your support helps people in every corner of the country who are impacted by HIV.
My Personal Web Log