From May 31st – June 6th, I will ride 545 miles on my bicycle, along with 3,000 cyclists, roadies, and virtual cyclists from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise awareness and fundraise to provide the FREE health services offered by the Los Angeles LGBT Center and San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
This is my THIRD AIDS/LifeCycle, and this year is going to be extra special because I will be riding with my amazing twin brother Keith Coty and my wonderful sister in-law Emily Cain-Coty. These past two years have been an incredible experience, but getting the chance to do this ride with my two of my favorite people means the whole world. Together, we are making a huge impact in the fight to end HIV/AIDS!
This year, I am looking to raise $5,000!
Will You Join Me?
Why I ride...
I ride for everyone who is currently living with, or affected by HIV/ AIDS.
I ride to commemorate and remember all the lives we have lost, and continute to lose due to this epidemic.
I ride for our youth, to educate them about HIV/AIDS and ensure that they practice safe sex and get tested.
I ride to END STIGMA, becuase we are human first, and a diagnosis does not define anyone.
I ride for people who are most at-risk to contracting HIV/AIDS and to ensure that prevention and treatment services remain free.
And lastly, I ride becuase there is still so much more work to be done.
According to the CDC in the United States:
- In 2017, gay and bisexual men accounted for 66% of all HIV diagnoses, and 69% of those diagnosed were people of color.
- Young people are the most likely to be unaware of their infection. Among people aged 13-24 with HIV, an estimated 51% didn’t know.
- An estimated 1,122,900 adults and adolescents were living with HIV at the end of 2015. Of those 15% had not received a diagnosis.
What $5,000 can do…
- Covers a full year of medical supply costs for 200+ patients.
- Funds 5 clients receiving PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis) to prevent HIV infection after potential exposure.
- Provides HIV prevention counseling to 600+ teens.
- Provides 400+ rapid HIV and antibody tests.
AND SO MUCH MORE! LETS MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE TOGETHER <3
About the AIDS Life Cycle:
AIDS/LifeCycle is a fully supported, 7 day, 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles, co-produced by and benefiting San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. The event raises awareness about the ongoing HIV/AIDS epidemic and funds services such as HIV testing, prevention, care, and much more.
Since 1993, when the Ride began as a for-profit event called “California AIDS Ride”, participants have raised more than $200 million and completed more than 42,000 journeys on bikes from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.