Thank you for joining me in this cause!
On June 2nd - June 8th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This year, I’ll be one of them!
And here's why I'm doing it:
1. To honour the memory of my partner of 11 years, Douglas Kinakin who succumbed to this disease in 1995 @ 36.
2. To honour my long term survivor friends who have lived with this disease since the 1980's and continue the battle.
3. To honour my many friends who I have watched die from this disease.
4. To honour those who live courageously with this disease today and fight it daily.
5. And, at 67, to challenge myself and be a part of a drive to help end this disease and raise funds for lifesaving & life-changing services.
So this year I hope to be one of the riders taking on this challenge. To this end I have committed to raise a minimum personal goal of $3,000.00. I have never done anything like this before but the time has come and do it while the body is still willing.
The services provided as a result of this event mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today? I am grateful for any donation you can make!