2018 has been an incredible year for many reasons, but the highlight was my experience participating in the AIDS/Lifecycle ride from SF to LA. It was 7 days full of love, personal determination, support, tears, embrace and lifting one another up. I was deeply honored to have been a part of the adventure and am super excited to announce that I am doing the ride again for 2019.
June 3rd - June 9th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
WHY am I riding again?
I ride because I want to end the stigma against those who are living with HIV.
I ride because the LOVE BUBBLE of this ride creates the bright shining light my soul craves.
I ride because I am hopeful that we are close to a cure.
I ride because I cannot imagine NOT being a part of this incredible experience yet again.
I ride because life is all about balance—and I have to level out the pizza binges!
I ride because I believe in standing up for what’s right.
I ride because I care about people who are HIV positive.
I ride because 50,000 people will be diagnosed with HIV this year, and they need our help.
Will you support me by making a donation today?
What your donation does:
• $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV.
• $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefirst systems.
• $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my page and for all the support you have given me!
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
"Strength does not come from physical activity alone. It also comes from our extraordinary capacity to help others." -Chicken Lady, AIDS/Lifecycle 2018
Corporate Matching: Many enterprises offer charity donation matching for your donation! Please use Federal Tax ID Tax ID# 95-3567895 (SF AIDS Foundation) for matching gifts and designate "LifeCycle – Meghan Donahoe #1160."
To find out more about the San Francisco AIDS Foundation or the Los Angeles LGBT Center, check out their websites here: http://www.sfaf.org & http://www.lalgbtcenter.org