June 2-8/2019, I’ll be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle for the third consecutive year.
I would like start by thanking you for not only putting up my emails and social media posts, but for actually clicking the link coming to my AIDS/LifeCycle page! Thank you!
What is AIDS/LifeCycle?
ALC is 545-mile fully supported 7 days bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to support the life-saving services offered by Los Angeles LGBT Center and San Francisco AIDS Foundation. This bike ride means the world to me and anyone who receive treatment as a result of this event, and your support is needed.
To date I have raised over $15,000.
This is never easy, training is tough and the ride is super challenging. I broke down several times during that week, but knowing my donors, friends and family are supporting me with every pedal, kept pushing me to get to Los Angeles, finish 545 miles and be proud on my accomplishment.
There are so many people who have been affected by HIV/AIDS and this is a great opportunity for me to help increasing awareness in this very unique and special way. Also, I love biking and this is a great cause =
URI IS DOING AIDS/LIFECYCLE FOR THE THIRD YEAR!
We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past and with your donation we will make it happen!
In the US alone there are over a million people living with an HIV+ status and many still contracting the disease without even knowing it. One way we can help is through educating people on safe sex practices and encouraging people to get tested regularly and knowing their status!
* $25 DONATION - provides a Rapid HIV Antibody test at Magnet (a free community clinic located in the heart of San Francisco's Castro's district)! Tragically over 75% of the HIV+ people in the US are living at or below the poverty line making access to life-saving medication near impossible.
* $125 DONATION - can provide all the resources for one patient visit to Magnet. Another constant struggle for those affected is the horrible stigma that surrounds the disease and that we as a society perpetuate. Let's spread facts, not fear!
* $500 DONATION - will provide medical benefit counseling for 15 people which will allow them to obtain prescription drug assistance.
* $625 DONATION - can provide a safe and stable housing situation for one HIV+ person for an entire month thanks to a partnership between the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
* $1,000 DONATION - can put on two Stop AIDS Community Education Forums to help educate the masses about HIV/AIDS.
Please check for "Gift Match" with your company (HR) this way you can contribute even more, make me very happy and help achieving my goal faster!
Speaking of achievements, I’ll keep updating this list with this season's training rides (803.62mi):
* 10/13/18 - AIDS/LifeCycle 2019 Kickoff Ride - 43.69mi
* 12/15/18 - Team B.O.B; Highland Park – Dodgers-Chevy-Sierra Madre Loop - 42.7mi
* 1/5/19 - Team B.O.B; Studio loop and Griffith Observation - 43mi
* 1/19/19 - West Hollywood to Santa Monica Beach - 22mi
* 2/16/19 - The not La Tuna training ride - 45.48mi
* 2/23/19 - Encanto to Long Beach - 75.28mi
* 3/9/19 - Trudging Buddies Flying Circus AIDS/LifeCycle Training Ride - 49.54mi
* 3/17/19 - WeHo to PV Switchbacks - 75.53mi
* 3/23/19 - 4 sisters climb with Hot Wheel - 62.41 mi
* 3/31/19 - Bellagio, Bundy & Mandeville - 54.65mi
* 4/27/19 - Day On The Ride 2019 - 66.73mi
* 4/28/19 -Elysian and Studio Loop - 34.35mi
* 5/11/19 - The one with Fran and Davids - 54.65 mi
* 5/19/19 - America’s Finest ALC Century Training Ride - 102.59mi
* 5/25/19 - One last ride before ALC - 31.02mi
I'm posting my progress on social media using #UriALC2019
You can also see my 2018 journey by using this link - http://bit.ly/UriALC2018Facebook
Again, thank you for checking my page, click on “donate now” on the upper right side and let’s make HIV/AIDS part of our past!