From June 2nd - June 8th, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
The San Francisco AIDS Foundation strives to achieve three goals that underpin their vision for a healthy, thriving community:
Build healthier communities
Reduce new HIV diagnoses to fewer than 100 per year
Improve the health and lifespan of San Franciscans living with HIV
How will your donation help:
- $2,000 fuels our mobile testing unit for over one year, allowing the foundation to reach diverse communities across the City.
- $500 enables 50 long-term survivors who lived through the early years of the HIV epidemic to connect and learn from each other.
- $180 provides HIV prevention counseling sessions to 20 teenagers.
- $100 provides 10 gay, bi, and queer Black men with 1-on-1 counseling services for one month. Many of whom would not be able to afford counselling otherwise.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.