May 31 - June 6, 2020, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies, and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise awareness and funds so that people living with HIV/AIDS may get the treatment they need, regardless of their ability to pay. This year, I’ll be one of them!
This is my fifth year participating in this important event. Why am I back for year five?
• I'm here for the approximately 36 million people who have died since the first AIDS cases were reported in 1981.
• I'm here for the estimated 35.3 million people currently living with HIV/AIDS, including 2.1 million adolescents (10-19 years of age).
• I'm here because as many as 1 in 6 individuals infected with HIV are unaware of their infection.
• I'm here because AIDS is the world's leading infectious killer.
• I'm here because 1 in 3 new infections are in young people, ages 13 - 24 who desperately need to be educated about the risk factors for contracting this deadly disease.
• I'm here to challenge myself to get in better physical condition. I've been given the gift of good health, and I don't want to waste it.
The services provided as a result of AIDS/LifeCycle mean the world to those who receive them, and your support means the world to me. Will you support me by making a donation today? We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past.
Love & Gratitude,