Thank you for joining me in this cause!
From June 2nd to June 8th 2019, over 3,000 Cyclists, Roadies and Virtual Cyclists will be participating in AIDS/LifeCycle, a 7 day bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise funds for the life-saving services offered by the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center.
This will be my first time embarking on this 7 day journey, conquering 545 miles and ~24,000ft of elevation down California’s coastline. I am honored to be joining this important fundraising event that has raised more than $193 million since 2002 to eradicate HIV/AIDS.
The San Francisco AIDS Foundation works to radically reduce the number of new HIV infections in SF. They do this through education programs, HIV/AIDS advocacy, as well as offering direct prevention and care services.
The Los Angeles LGBT Center provides shelter and healthcare to homeless youth, low-income housing for seniors, and legal services and transgender-specific care.
Your tax-deductible donation will automatically be given to the two benefiting organizations, so you know your money will immediately be put to work. Here is how your donation can help:
• $10,000 provides counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 supplements housing for four HIV-positive people for one month.
• $1,000 supports community education forums.
• $250 provides ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 provides 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 can supplement the travel cost for Treatment Advocacy Coordinators.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public resources.
• $10 provides 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?