Thank you for joining me in this cause!
Hello and welcome to my ALC bio page!
My name is Seth Gottesdiener and this year I am riding the Aids Life Cycle in just a speedo. JK! But I bet you wanna keep reading now!?
Since I have moved to Los Angeles, I have always been impressed and inspired by the thousands of people who commit to the 545+ miles, countless hours of fundraising and the grueling training that the ride entails. Year after year, I toy with the idea of signing up but keep on making excuses. This is the year that I decided to commit to the AIDS LifeCycle Ride!
Last year I had a legitimate excuse for not participating and that was for the grand opening of my first ever gym, Indigo Fitness, in Silverlake, CA. After countless miles of indoor cycling in my Spindigo group classes, and commuter cycling around L.A. on my single speed, I’ve decided I'm ready to step it up, take to the great outdoors and complete my first ever ALC!
This year I am hoping to raise 5,000 towards the San Francisco Aids Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. Just so you can understand what an impact your money has I’ve listed the following examples of what your help can provide:
- $10 buys 114 condoms that the Health Education and Prevention Program will distribute
- $30 covers the treatment medication for 1 client infected with an STD
- $50 provides a mobile phone for a client living with HIV so they can stay in touch with their support system and be reminded of upcoming medical appointments.
- $150 provides comprehensive HIV/STD testing to 1 client.
- $180 provides HIV prevention counseling sessions to 20 teenagers
- $250 provides Rapid HIV Antibody tests to 20 clients
Although there is an individual that I have in mind while doing this, I also want to be part of this amazing tradition that roots itself in brother & sisterhood, fundraising and supporting a cause that needs so much help. I have utilized the LA LGBT Center as a resource in the past and this is also my small way of giving back. By creating awareness, raising funds and upholding a bond within the LGBTQ community we can all make a difference, but I need you to donate!
We’re working together to make HIV/AIDS a thing of the past. Will you support me by making a donation today?