Rough Riders is a team of Riders and Roadies raising money and awareness in the fight to end HIV/AIDS by participating in AIDS/LifeCycle. Many on the team have completed at least one ALC ride, with the intention of bringing a new rider or roadie back each year they participate.
We ride to help raise unrestricted funds for San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center, allowing these two organizations to provide free or low cost HIV/AIDS care, testing and prevention. We ride to raise awareness to end the stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS. We ride to honor all those who have passed from AIDS-related causes. We ride so that someday, we won't have to.
Support our cause!
To the right, you can click on any of the riders' names and donate to them directly. Or, if you'd like to become a sponsor for the entire team, please contact team captain Adam Q. Robinson (email@example.com), and we can make special arrangements.
AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and the Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle fundraising pages are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
Thank you for your generous support. Your donations bring us one step closer to ending AIDS. Until that happens, the Rough Riders will keep coming back!
What your donation does:
• $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
• $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
• $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Every dollar counts! Thanks for being a hero!