AIDS aint gonna end itself.
Who are we?
We're a mix of first time and veteran cyclists who've joined forces and committed ourselves to helping each other along this journey. What began as two friends (Steven and Ray) nervously setting out to ride in 2015 quickly became the Coast Busters when two veteran participants (David and Bjorn) asked us to form a team. From a humble beginning we have become a powerhouse. Last year we were recognized as the second highest fundraising team in the medium size (10-25 participants) category with over $125,000 raised to support our beneficiary agencies. In just three years the Coast Busters have raised a combined 1/4 million dollars! And the entire time we did it with smiles on our faces, truly embodying the philospohy of "work hard, play hard".
The Coast Busters are predominantly from California, both the Bay Area and Southern California. We have also been thrilled to have current and past members who travelled from out of state to join us in this cause. We'll be busting our butts along the California coast again, riding our bikes 545 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles the first week of June to raise money for vital HIV/AIDS services in California.
We also have amazing roadies on our team. Roadies are volunteers who support the riders by doing everything from providing medical care to feeding and entertaining us at Rest Stops along the route. They often do back-breaking work at crazy hours, but they keep the cyclists moving and in good spirits the whole way. And they fundraise too!
Support our cause!
To the right, you can click on any of the riders' names and donate to them directly. Or, if you'd like to become a sponsor for the entire team, please contact team co-captain Raymond Palko (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we can make special arrangements.
AIDS/LifeCycle benefits, and is jointly produced by, San Francisco AIDS Foundation (Tax ID # 94-2927405) and the Los Angeles LGBT Center (Tax ID # 95-3567895), each of which is a nonprofit, public benefit corporation recognized as tax exempt under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to AIDS/LifeCycle fundraising pages are deductible for income tax purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
Thank you for your generous support. Your donations bring us one step closer to ending AIDS. Until that happens, the Coast Busters will keep coming back!
What your donation does:
• $10,000 helps provide counseling services for more than 250 clients.
• $5,000 helps keep the HIV testing RV rolling for one year.
• $2,500 helps four HIV-positive people receive stable housing for one month.
• $1,000 helps provide two Community Education Forums where 150 individuals can learn more about HIV.
• $250 helps provide ten rapid HIV antibody tests at a testing site.
• $175 helps provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless.
• $150 helps provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Services.
• $100 helps provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, provide moral support, and help clients advocate for themselves.
• $25 helps a financial benefits counselor assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems.
• $10 helps provide 143 condoms to the SFAF and LA LGBT Center's service sites.
Every dollar counts! Thanks for being a hero!