I NEED YOUR HELP!
During the first week of June, I’m volunteering as Roadie to support more than 3000 bikers ride the AIDS/LifeCycle (ALC). The ALC is a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to support ife-saving services offered by San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center. This bike ride means the world to those who receive treatment as a result of this event, and your support means the world to me.
This year will be the third year that Team OUTserve has made made history as the only ALL MILITARY TEAM to participate in the ALC. Amongst the ranks are active duty military, reservists and veterans who are all banding together for one common goal: “Riding to end HIV/AIDS.” I have served on active duty for just over 18 years and am Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman in the Navy. I am humbled to join my brothers and sisters in arms on this amazing journey.
For the 7 days of the ALC, we are what the world should be: a world without stigma, a world in which differences are celebrated, and a world in which people care about and wholeheartedly support one another. After the ride, the money raised helps us create more of what the world should be: one in which HIV and AIDS-related care is provided with the respect, professionalism, and compassion every client deserves.
I need your help to reach my goal this year of $3000. If all of my friends on Facebook donated just $5 I'd raise over $7,500 to help fight HIV and AIDS.
Here's how your donations can support the fight against HIV and AIDS.
- $10 can help distribute 143 condoms through the Stop AIDS Project
- $25 can help provide one Rapid HIV Antibody test at Magnet (a free community based clinic located in the heart of San Francisco's Castro district).
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Stop AIDS Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend 25 medical appointments to provide moral support and to help the client advocate for himself or herself.
- $125 can help provide the resources for one visit for a client at Magnet.
- $500 can help provide medical benefits counseling for 15 people to help them obtain prescription drug assistance through the San Francisco AIDS Foundation's Financial Benefits Program.
- $625 can help provide for a safe and stable housing situation for one HIV-positive for a month through a partnership between the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- $1,000 can help put on TWO Stop AIDS Community Education Forums.
- $5,000 can help keep the Stop AIDS HIV Testing RV rolling for a year.
"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." - Mitch Albom