AIDS/LifeCycle is a nonprofit public benefit corporation which has been granted tax exempt status under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Our Federal EIN is 94-2927405.
Best birthday celebration ever!
|Donate to support Kristen!|
We're on our way
Thank you for visiting my page!
There are few opportunities in one's life to join over 2,500 other people in a physically and emotionally challenging adventure for purely selfless reasons. Instead of the usual birthday celebration, for my 32nd this year (from June 3-9, 2012), I'm bicycling in AIDS/LifeCycle. It's a 7-day, 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles to reduce the prevalence of AIDS and to enhance the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS.
All of the money I raise will support the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, a pioneer in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment. Contrary to popular belief, HIV/AIDS has not gone away. Many continue to die of AIDS related illness and those who are lucky enough to afford it are reminded each day about their communicable disease when they must take their antivirals.
The SF AIDS Foundation provides resources to the local San Francisco community that have been proven to reduce the number of new cases of HIV/AIDS each year and help improve the quality of life for those who are infected. Please take 5 to give what you can. My goal is $5,000 but any bit helps. Please support me as I embark on the greatest adventure of my life (so far) and work to support an effective and innovative organization working tirelessly to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS! We'll keep riding until AIDS and HIV are a thing of the past.
Just in case you need a little extra motivation to sponsor me, here are a few reasons.
Top 10 Reasons to sponsor Kristen:
10. You can help end the pandemic and human suffering caused by HIV/AIDS from the comfort of your home.
9. You can transform my bicycle into a money machine as I raise money to support the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
8. Your donation is tax deductible! Ask me how.
7. I broke my arm last year and was unable to ride! Thankfully ALC rolled over all of the money I raised! Thank you ALC!!! Nothing is getting in my way this year.
6. If you sponsor me than I have no excuse to not complete the ride (#7 WILL NOT happen again this year).
5. The experience will be life changing for me; but more importantly, the money raised will be life saving for so many others!
4. AIDS is not over! In California alone there are 151,000 people living with HIV. Nationally, 70 percent of all new infections occur in communities of color and people under the age of 25 are increasingly affected.
3. You can help eliminate some of the financial burden associated with medical care and treatment for a person with HIV (about $20,000 per year). Access to life-saving drugs, clinical trials and state-of-the-art treatment helps those with the disease live a longer and better quality of life.
2. I've gone through 896 oz. of electrolyte beverages, 43 (organic and raw) energy bars, 2 bottles of ibuprofen, a few sore tushies and a couple tires and all you need to do is make a small cash donation to AIDS/LifeCycle!
1. Medications have come a long way, and people are living longer, healthier lives. This is why the work of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation is so vital. These agencies continue to provide the critical services and education needed to meet the growing needs of our community. Please help me support this foundation!
If you choose to support me, I thank you!
Kristen Law (KLAW)