Welcome to my 2017 Fundraising page. There's not much to see here yet; the 2016 ride has just ended and I'm only now starting to think about my donations for 2017. My plan is to get back on my bike in late August or early September, and to start riding longer distances on weekends by the end of September. Organized ALC training begins in December or January, and the ride is the first week in June 2017.
My fundraising goal for 2017 is $5000. As I'm in Northern California, the funds I raise will go toward the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
Here's what $5000 will provide:
- $5,000 can help keep our mobile testing unit rolling for one year so that 2,400 gay, bi and transmen can be tested and counseled.
- $2,500 can help four HIV-positive people receive safe and stable housing situations for one month.
- $1,000 can help provide two Positive Force community forums where 150 men can learn more about HIV and how to live better and longer with HIV.
- $500can help 15 people receive medical benefits counseling to obtain prescription drug assistance.
- $250 can help provide ten Rapid HIV Antibody test to test ten people at Magnet, and other foundation sites.
- $175 can help provide case management for 15 HIV-positive clients who are homeless or at-risk for homelessness.
- $150 can help provide 1,000 syringes through the street-based Syringe Access Service.
- $100 can help provide the travel cost for a Treatment Advocacy Coordinator to attend the medical appointments of 25 clients, providing moral support and to help clients advocate for themselves.
- $25 can help a Financial Benefits counselor to assist one person in navigating the private and public benefits systems, including Medi-Cal, Medicare, CARE/HIPP, short-term disability, and Social Security.
- $10 can help provide 143 condoms to our clients at all of our service sites.
Every dollar counts. Please donate today.
My Personal Web Log